This tasty appetizer is my favorite way to cook and serve wild turkey. It’s simple to prepare, and it’s always a big hit. This deep fried delicacy can have some kick, with the right sauce. I prefer Hooters Hot Wing sauce. For those with wimpier taste buds, you can choose a milder sauce, or even BBQ sauce. Now you have the secret, all you need is some fresh wild turkey!
- 1 Gallon peanut oil
- 2 Turkey breasts
- 4 Cup Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- 2 Teaspoon McCormick Chicken Seasoning
- 2 Jars of Hooters Hot Wing Sauce, or favorite BBQ sauce
- Remove both wild turkey breasts so they are boneless/skinless
- Cut breasts into bite-sized cube or chunks
- Mix dry ingredients in a ziploc baggie
- Place turkey nuggets into ziploc bag and shake well until they are coated, then place in the fridge
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees
- Place nuggets into hot oil. When the nuggets start to float, they’re done.
- Remove nuggets from oil and let drain for a minute.
- Place nuggets in bowl, and cover with your favorite sauce (I prefer Hooters Hot Wing sauce!)
- Put the lid on the bowl and shake well so the sauce coats the nuggets.
- Remove the lid and chow down!
TIP: When nuggets start to float, take them out of the oil. Don’t overcook or they get tough and chewy.