Bluegill are fantastic table fare. But to make a meal for the family, you need to catch big ones or lots of little ones. Either way, this baked dish is a fast, simple and scrumptious way to serve up your gills. Served with fresh snow peas and some garlic bread, it makes a great summer time feast.
- 1 Fresh bluegill fillets
- Half Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoon Grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- Fresh basil
- Half Stick of butter
- Rinse bluegill fillets with cold water and pat dry
- Mix breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, and chopped basil in a bowl
- Melt butter in a bowl
- Dunk fillets in butter then dregde and coat with dry mix
- Coat a cookie sheet with a thin layer of olive oil
- Place fillets on cookie sheet
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes
- Serve with veggie and garlic bread. Yum.