If you are a hunter, shooter or shooting sports enthusiast, you need to tune your radar into the National Shooting Sports Foundation. We hosted Jennifer Pearsall on the Fishing and Outdoor Radio Show recently. Jennifer is the Public Relations Director for NSSF and talked about the vast resources available for anyone who hunts or shoots. Their website is probably one of the most comprehensive websites relating to guns and shooting that I have ever seen. It’s absolutely amazing how much great information is on it. It’s clear these folks have put a lot of time and energy into it, because it also has an incredible amount of interactivity including:
• a map where hunters can select a state in which they want to hunt — with one click can access that state’s DNR, regulations and info needed to hunt there
• a news section where visitors can get the truth behind which candidates are gun supporters and where they stand on legislative issues
• visitors can sign up for a newsletter to receive the latest, greatest information on shooting in the U.S.
• an app where users can find shooting ranges near them — there are thousands across the U.S.
• information about the various programs about gun safety
If we are going to be powerful advocates for hunting and shooting to preserve our privileges, we need to be well-informed. So I encourage anyone that hunts or shoots to learn more. There is more information on the NSSF site than I can possibly put here, so go check it out for yourself at NSSF.org, and better yet become a member. You’ll be glad you did.
Listen to the Fishing and Outdoor Radio Show as Don Dziedzina and I interview Jen Pearsall. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN!