Baked Garlic Jumbo Perch Featured Recipe
Walleye is one of my favorite fish to eat. But I recently learned from some of the fine guides and business owners from Mercer Wisconsin that fresh Jumbo Perch is at the top of the list. I think they might be right. After a recent trip there, I was fortunate to bring home a pile of perch to try this new recipe. Fishing with my buddy Dale Anderson from Mercer Muskies and More Guide Service (MMM), we proceeded to fill the live-well with a two man limit of some giant perch. I’ll be posting a blog soon with the story and video. But for now, check out this simple and delicious recipe…
A dusting of flour on the filets, placed in a baking dish, then covered with melted garlic butter and a few other things, this recipe rocks. Served with fresh broiled deer loin and garlic bread, mmm good.
– 8 or 10 perch filets
– Half cup of minced garlic
– Half cup of butter
– 1 lemon
– 1 Tsp. salt
– 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
– Half cup of flour
– dill or parsley
– dust the filets in flour
– rub the olive oil on the bottom of the baking dish
– place the filets in the baking dish, and place in fridge for 15 minutes
– put butter, minced garlic, and salt in a sauce pan or glass dish.
– squeeze some lemon juice into the butter mixture
– Melt the butter, stirring in the garlic.
– Pour HALF of the melted butter mixture over the chilled filets (save the other half for dipping after cooked)
– sprinkle some fresh dill or parsley flakes on top
– bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes